today let me share the circle of fifth I have photoshopped having the following features:
- The colors of the single keys are taken from Skrjabin
- You can print out the circle 3 times and cut 2 smaller circles out where you see the little scissors, then you layer them together with some kind of pin in the center
- The middle rotating wheel will then show you the diatonic functions including secondary dominants. For that just rotate the „I MAJ7“ to the key you want to analyze.
- The smallest circle can be used to transpose. For that just rotate the target key below the source key on the outer circle
- Some progressions and modulation information can be found in the middle of the circle
Hope you enjoy the circle! Lets now play some music!